Abstract submission / La Nuit des IMCAS Awards
Step 1 : Guidelines
The "NUIT DES IMCAS AWARDS" independent jury welcomes the submission of research papers featuring:
- either clinical studies or
- researches presented during a lecture in one of the Congress Scientific Sessions
The Jury will grant the 8 most promising papers with an AWARD in the amount of 2 000 Euros, recognizing the excellence of doctor's achievements.
You will have to go through three different steps to complete this submission process:
- STEP 1 -> carefully read the guidelines below
- STEP 2 -> submit your Clinical Study or Personal Research abstract
- STEP 3 -> fill in our Conflict of Interests Form
WHO? Participant's educational background requirements
- a physician
- AND the author (i.e. the research director or associate for the clinical study or personal research)
The authors' academic degrees must be attached within the "Short Biostatement" field, later on within this submission.
WHAT? The content
It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
Please follow the below guidelines regarding the editing of your abstract:
- All the special or unusual abbreviations should be put in parentheses after one occurence of the full wording.
- Standard abbreviations may be employed in the text
Awards abstract specificities
Your abstract should briefly present the topic and the parameters of your research or clinical study, as well as presenting some of your results. It has to feature the following sections:
- The journal title in which your paper is published (or about to be published)
- Your article number (provided to you by the medical journal)
- The study or paper has to be published or soon to be published in one of the medical journals acknowledged by MEDLINE (between January 2011 and September 2012)
- Or the author commits to get it published within the 6 months following the congress
Please note that the jury of "LA NUIT DES IMCAS AWARDS" is genuinely independent from both industries and IMCAS Scientific Committee.
Pharmaceutical companies are sponsoring the AWARDS, but none of these sponsorships can influence the selection's outcome.
HOW? Submission modalities
Conflict of Interest Policy
IMCAS adheres to international criteria that are the basis for any reputable congress.
This is why we constantly insist on complete independence between instructional (or scientific) courses and the industry sponsors of our conferences.
Within all IMCAS programs, the distinction is clearly stated and each session is:
- either sponsored
- or non sponsored
- sponsored sessions (such as symposia, live demonstration, etc) that involve a brand's participation
- non-sponsored scientific sessions, the content of these sessions being strictly independent from any company
As previously stated, this first type of session can support a brand, a company, or a specific product. Once the abstract has been submitted, you are free to manage your presentation as you wish and as you have agreed with your Sponsor.
Sponsored sessions lectures content is not endorsed by IMCAS.
Non-sponsored Scientific Session:
This second type of sessions involve lectures that are strictly unbiased. These scientific lectures are presumed to be based on objective interpretations of evidence and unbiased interpretations of facts. In light of this objectivity matter, a different process is thus required for the abstract approval.
- Presentation of unbiased content
- No brand can be named within your lecture except if it is used in comparison with other brands to support a specific point. You are therefore strongly invited to only mention devices or products technical characteristics rather than their brand names.
- Full disclosure of any conflict of interest
If and only if all of the above requirements is followed, the Chair will fully authorize the lecture.
Abstract submission deadline : June 30, 2012 11:59 PM GMT
Abstracts submitted after this date will not be considered.
Format & language
Please observe that abstracts can only be submitted electronically through our website. Abstracts must be written in English and the lecture must be in English.
Immediate submission aknowledgment
Please be sure your abstract fits the instructions above before any submission. Acknowledgement of receipt of your submission will be returned to your email address immediately upon submission. If you do not receive the e-mail, your submission was not completed and your abstract needs to be re-submitted.
Registration and payment
Once you have completed your submission, you will be receiving within the next 48 hours your personal LOG IN and PASSWORD. These will allow you to access your personal IMCAS page, where your abstract status could be checked at any time. Definitive answer is to be posted to you within the 30 days following your submission. If your abstract is chosen, i.e.pre-selected as eligible for an award, you will be asked in a second step to attach your complete paper to the independent jury.
The jury will award the Research Paper or Clinical Study during LA NUIT DES IMCAS AWARDS Saturday, 28 July 2012, at 8:00 PM, Ritz-Carlton Pudong
If your abstract is accepted, here are the requirements:
- Prepare a PowerPoint slide summarizing your Research or Clinical Study
- present yourself at LA NUIT DES IMCAS AWARDS on Saturday Night, Saturday, 28 July 2012 (8:00 PM), at Ritz-Carlton Pudong
All the nominee's slides will be displayed in order to present their studies or research, then the 8 winners will be announced and granted with an award
Publication of abstract
Accepted abstracts will be published with a "Nominated for LA NUIT DES IMCAS AWARDS" mention in the Abstract Book. This book will be given in a CD-ROM to all delegates attending the Congress upon registration. Accepted abstracts may also be published on the Internet.
Due to further publication in medical journals acknowledged by MEDLINE, more specific data on the papers may or not be published, regarding the journal's policy.
For submission support please contact the Congress Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org