Educational Grant / Support IMCAS Educational Mission
How does a grant differenciate itself from a sponsorship?
Sponsorship is the financial support of an activity. Sponsoring an event involves a partnership exchange between the sponsor and the sponsee. Although a commercial intent may be at heart, one bust mear in mind that reasons for sponsoring are various.
A grant for a program or an event is a financial donation with no exchange partnership at stake. Funds are given according to the donator wishes in order to support the recipient's program or project.
Why offering a grant to an entity?
Obviously, when granting an event, the return on investment is not a financial one. Reasons to give a grant are different from the reasons to sponsor.
When the donator awards a grant, a statement is made towards the recipient as well as the general public. In this case, stances are explicit and public.
In light of this:
- the donator believes in the recipient's program, ideas, values and ethical code of conduct
- the donator is eager to support research, education and charity action
- the donator is a pro-active participant in the development of its own segment of activities
What makes IMCAS a legitimate recipient?
IMCAS is a medical conference acknowledged each year by the official accreditations organizations and considered by its peers as a solid teaching program.
Grants are usually awarded to non-profit organizations, universities, social and educative programs, however any entity can be chosen, for that is a choice left to the donator's discretion.
Both SOFCPRE (French Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery) and UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialists) endow IMCAS their accreditation for CME Credits.
IMCAS scientific program is indeed a high qualitative one:
- covering all major topics of our segment
- featuring worldwide key-opinion leaders
- allowing major interactivity and focus teaching with Tutorial Sessions (Teaching Courses, Classes...)
- always searching to be a step forward, experimenting new formats (Live cadaver workshop)
- promoting research, medical studies and innovative ideas and from practitioners (IMCAS Incubator, La Nuit des IMCAS Awards)
- targeting experts as well as beginners
- covering patient safety issues
- adapting itself to the innovations as well as the latest news of our segment (PIP crisis...)
- addressing controversies and sensitive topics (Open debates, comparative studies...)
Benefiting from a 15-year experience, IMCAS gathers each year a top-shelf Board in charge of building the best possible program.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2013, IMCAS will partner with a non-profit organization and will donate a percentage of each registration fees to a cause that reflects IMCAS values.
Each year, IMCAS continue to be praised and recognized by its participants for its higly scientific value and its extensive program. In consideration of the above information IMCAS can be considered as a legitimate beneficiary for a grant.